Hamilton Hornerts RFC - Senior Women's Coach
The Hamilton Hornets Rugby Football Club is seeking applicants for the position of Senior Women's Head Coach for the 2015 Season.
We are looking for the right individual to continue on the success of our Women's program. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach at the senior Level of play. This person will be responsible for the preparation of a season long plan including preparation of practices, games, as well as an overall dimension of rugby structure. The successful applicant will work with other coaching staff to lead this team.
Once hired, applicants will report to the Executive Committee through the President, and will work to achieve on field success as well as promote the Hamilton Hornets RFC brand within the community.
Qualifications and Skills:
The head Coach shall prepare, plan, organize and supervise all coaching as required for the entire 2015 Season.
- The coach should possess a minimum of Level 1 coaching certification in Rugby with the goal of progressing to Level 2 and 3.
- The coach shall set the standard with regards to behaviour during practices and games, respect of officials and opposing teams, and expectations of all players in all divisions.
- The coach shall delegate where required and be able to work well as a team with respect to other coaches, and ensure that all divisions are playing the same rugby structure.
- The coach shall be responsible for challenging all players and maximizing their development while ensuring that the team comes first, and that playing rugby provides enjoyment, fun, and safety.
- The coach shall ensure that fair play and pride in the Hamilton Hornet’s RFC is paramount at all times.
- The coach must be able to communicate with all coaching staff, players, Volunteers, Alumni, and all other Rugby Club members as well as be a leader in promoting the Hamilton Hornets RFC brand in the community.
Please forward your resume with cover letter outlining your experience, qualifications & skills by February 23, 2015 to: Tom Edwards, President HHRFC (firstname.lastname@example.org)
University of Waterloo - Women's Rugby Part Time Head Coach
Application Deadline: February 6, 2015
Starting Date: March 2015
Position: Women’s Rugby Part Time Head Coach
The University of Waterloo (uW) is seeking a highly-motivated and organized individual to serve as the head coach of its varsity women’s rugby team on an honoraria basis. Under the direction of the Manager, Interuniversity Sport, the Head Coach is responsible for the continuous development of the varsity rugby program through coaching and administration.
These responsibilities will be fulfilled through coordination, planning, evaluation, and implementation of yearly training programs, as well as recruiting highly qualified CIS caliber student athletes. Additional responsibilities include proper training techniques, individualized training schedules, and strategic long term program and athlete development. The incumbent must also act in accordance with documented policy and procedure guidelines and adhere to uW, OUA, and CIS policies and procedures.
The coach will work cooperatively with the uWaterloo athletic department staff team in event scheduling, facility issues, travel planning, budgeting, purchasing of equipment and apparel, and completing administrative requirements.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, results oriented person with an ability to work with student staff and volunteers. Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree, current coaching accreditation (CAC or an internationally recognized equivalent Level 2 or Comp-Intro Certified), and several years of successful coaching at the university or equivalent senior, high performance level. Superior interpersonal, organizational, leadership, coaching, and technical skills are required.
Other: Vulnerable sector check.
The varsity rugby season begins with training camp in August, league play beginning at the start of school in the September, and finishes with CIS championships in early November. Practices occur on campus and athletes train throughout the calendar year.
Applicants should call or email their interest to Chris Gilbert – Manager, Interuniversity Sport, University of Waterloo – email is email@example.com or call 519-888-4567 – ext. 35694. Please provide references along with application. All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date – February 6th, 2015
Barrhaven Scottish - Senior Men's Coaching Staff
Expressions of interest are now being sought for Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and Managers positions for the Senior Men's Program – Barrhaven Scottish Rugby Football Club for the 2015 season.
Barrhaven Scottish is a progressive, developing Rugby Club. We are looking for individuals who will fit into our club culture and have success both on and off the field. We have a strong Rugby Executive to support our coaches in their role. The successful candidates will have a dedication to high performance, personal development, player development and excellence. The Head Coach will meet ORU minimum provincial standards for senior Men's rugby. The Coaching staff must be available for all fixtures, training camps, planning sessions and other team related activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Player and Team Development
* Ensure coaching sessions are organized to include technical, tactical and mental aspects
* Ensure coaching sessions facilitates individual player, sub unit and team development
* Where appropriate use specialist coaches to aid player and sub unit development In conjunction
* Develop and implement team game shape and ways of play
* Develop a coaching environment that is conducive to developing performance behaviours and encourages player interaction and ownership within the program
* Ensure all players receive performance feedback both written and verbally periodically throughout the season
* Utilize available analysis to aid in the development of individuals and teams
Planning & Organizing
* Develop a season plan to include club & league commitments, prior to the commencement of the season
* Ensure that Assistant coaches are communicated with prior to each training session and provide session plans prior to each session
* Ensure that Assistant coaches are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities within the program and are supported in executing these roles and responsibilities
* Liaise with Club AT with regard to individual players taking into account player health and welfare at all times
* Ensure all individual performance plans are reviewed with the players during the season
Qualifications and Attainments:
* NCCP Competition Intro Certified Level 1 with the goal of progressing to Level 2
Knowledge and Experience:
* Experience of working with senior rugby teams
* Track record of identifying players with potential
* Successful track record developing players
* Knowledge and understanding of Rugby Union and the development of team and individual performance
* Track record of success in previous relevant coaching roles
* Experience of being involved in a successful performance team
* Knowledge of Long Term Player Development principles
* Leading others
* Effective communication
* Personal accountability
* Facilitating change
* Team Working
* Planning and Organizing
* Willing and able to undertake flexible working hours
* Valid driving license
* Satisfactory VSS and background check
Please submit an expression of interest, including cover letter and rugby resume by 5.00 pm Friday February 13th, 2015 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An interview will be conducted for eligible candidates.