NCCP Community Initiation (Contact) / IRB Level 1
This course is designed to enable coaches to acquire basic skills so that players new to the game learn to play in safe, enjoyable competition. It is an 8 hour Trained Only course with no post evaluation.
The presence of sport in a person’s life carries enormous benefits for social, physical and personal development while broadening cultural awareness. Rugby is a uniquely inclusive sport, and you as the coach hold a position of genuine influence over the player’s rate of personal development and their sense of community and self-worth.
The NCCP Community Initiation (Contact) course aims to develop new coaches on how to coach as well as what to coach. The course is delivered using the following structure:
To register for this course all participants must complete the following:
- Register as a coach with coach.rugbycanada.ca
- Select the NCCP Community Initiation Course option
- Complete the following IRB Certificates at www.irbpassport.com
- IRB Rugby Ready online module
- IRB Concussion Management module (FOR GENERAL PUBLIC)
- Save your IRB certificates to your computer as a PDF’s
- Return to your profile at coach.rugbycanada.ca and upload both certificates to your profile
- Register for the clinic you wish to take.
To Register for Courses - http://coach.rugbycanada.ca - complete the PRE COURSE WORKBOOK and sign up to the Course of your choice.
Please email Fran Mason for more info