Ontario Jr. Blues 'AAA' teams depart for Ireland tour
Day 1 Games - August 11, 2018
- Ontario U16 Men 77 - 7 Ulster Clubs U16 (Kickoff at 1:00pm IST)
- Ontario U17 Men 35 - 5 Ulster Clubs U17 (Kickoff at 2:30pm IST)
- Ontario U18 Men 0 - 54 Ulster Schools U18/U17 (Kickoff at 4:00pm IST)
- Ontario U18 Women 34 - 0 Ulster Clubs U18 (Kickoff at 7:00pm IST)
Day 2 Games - August 15, 2018
- Ontario U16 Men 22 - 22 Ulster Schools U16 (Kickoff at 1:00pm IST)
- Ontario U17 Men 12 - 17 Ulster Schools U17 (Kickoff at 2:30pm IST)
- Ontario U18 Men 33 - 17 Ulster Clubs U18 (Kickoff at 4:00pm IST)
- Ontario U18 Women 12 - 7 Ulster Clubs U18 (Kickoff at 6:00pm IST)
Day 3 Games - August 17, 2018
- Ontario U16 Men WIN (Score unconfirmed) vs. Leinster (Kickoff at 3:30pm IST)
- Ontario U17 Men 21 - 12 Leinster (Kickoff at 3:30pm IST)
- Ontario U18 Men 66 - 24 Leinster Barbarians (Kickoff at 5:15pm IST)
The best part of playing rugby is going on tour. It gives athletes an opportunity to see the world and to play against world class competition. The Rugby Ontario “AAA” players, coaches and managers departed for Ireland yesterday night for an experience of a lifetime. We wish all of our Jr. Blues a safe, enjoyable trip which provides them with great learning experiences.
For team rosters, please visit www.rugbyontario.com/ontario-blues-teams.
Friday August 10, 2018
Athletes are arriving in the capital city of Dublin on Friday morning. They will be traveling by bus to the University of Ulster Jordanstown located in Northern Ireland.
Saturday August 11, 2018
On Saturday, all of our AAA teams will be in action at Newforge Country Club Training Ground:
- Ontario U16 Men vs Ulster Clubs U16 (Kickoff at 1:00pm IST)
- Ontario U17 Men vs Ulster Clubs U17 (Kickoff at 2:30pm IST)
- Ontario U18 Men vs. Ulster Schools U18/U17 (Kickoff at 4:00pm IST)
Travel to Malone RFC
- Ontario U18 Women vs. Ulster Clubs U18 (Kickoff at 7:00pm IST)
Sunday August 12, 2018
Athletes will have a chance to explore the beautiful City of Belfast located in Northern Ireland on the banks of the River Lagan and see the Titanic Exhibition. They will have training sessions in the morning and afternoon to prepare for their second match.
Monday August 13, 2018
Teams will be partaking in a training day on Monday where they will have two training sessions on Monday accompanied by strength & conditioning and hydro-therapy.
Tuesday August 14, 2018
Athletes will be taking a bus along the Northern Irish Coast. They will be seeing the Carrick-a-Rede National Trust Rope Bridge and have a training session on White Park Bay, a three-mile-long beach located along the Giants Causeway.
Wednesday August 15, 2018
Our Rugby Ontario Athletes will be playing at the University of Ulster Jordanstown.
- Ontario U16 Men vs. Ulster Schools U16 (Kickoff at 1:00pm IST)
- Ontario U17 Men vs. Ulster Schools U17 (Kickoff at 2:30pm IST)
- Ontario U18 Men vs. Ulster Clubs U18 (Kickoff at 4:00pm IST)
- Ontario U18 Women vs Ulster Clubs U18(Kickoff at 6:00pm IST)
Thursday August 16, 2018
Ontario Athletes will be boarding a bus from Belfast to Dublin to spend the day in Dublin - Ireland's Capital and largest city. Ontario Athletes are taking a tour of AVIVA stadium, a world class stadium in the heart of Dublin. Athletes will be staying at Kings Hospital School.
Friday August 16, 2018
Ontario Jr. Blues will play Leinster next, beginning at Barnhall RFC.
- Ontario U16 and U17 Men vs. Leinster (Kickoff at 3:30pm IST)
- Ontario U18 Men vs. Leinster Barbarians (Kickoff at 5:15pm IST)
Saturday August 18, 2018
The U18 Women will play Leinster and Munster in a shortened-game format on the Saturday at Iveagh Grounds in Dublin.
- U18 Women vs. Leinster
- U18 Women vs. Munster (Kickoff at 1:00pm IST)
Athletes will be partaking in a large group activity then a hydro-therapy session in the afternoon. They will be finishing their tour with a group dinner and awards celebrating an exciting 10 days.
Sunday August 19, 2018
Athletes will be traveling home on the Sunday from Dublin to Toronto.
ABOUT THE ONTARIO BLUES
The Ontario Blues program is the high performance representative program for male and female rugby players in Ontario. Rugby Ontario is represented at the provincial level by the Ontario Blues. The program includes representative teams from Under-15 to Senior in both Women’s and Men’s Fifteens and Under-18 Men's and Women's Sevens. Specifically, the program is designed to develop and showcase rugby players for Canadian representative national teams.
ABOUT RUGBY ONTARIO
Rugby Ontario is the provincial sports governing body responsible for the organization of rugby in Ontario. Our mission is to establish a stronger identity for rugby in Ontario by promoting the sport’s core values and by fostering a culture of inclusiveness and excellence on and off the field of play.
To learn more, visit http://www.rugbyontario.com/
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Communications and Marketing Coordinator - Rugby Ontario