RUGBY ONTARIO JR. BLUES SEVENS WILL BE HOLDING SKILL ASSESSMENT & MINI-TOURNAMENTS AT TWO SITES
Saturday, October 27, 2018 in Ottawa 12-4pm (East Athletes Only)
Sunday, October 28, 2018 in Aurora 10am-4pm (Central/ West Athletes)
Event includes: 40 metres, bronco test, vertical jump, 2-3 matches.
This session is to help identify athletes for our EIGHT teams competing in 2019 (2 x U18 Boys, 3 x U18 Girls, 2 x U16 Boys, 1 x U16 Girls) which will train from December 2018- April 2019.
In order to assist the coaching staff/selectors, we ask all players to apply by filling out the survey below:
Please fill out this application: Application Link
Only players selected to partake will be e-mailed on Monday, October 22, 2018.
Questions: Program Lead- Khalil Ajram- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oct 27 or 28: Selection Weekend
- November 30: Rosters Announced
- December 15 or 16: Regional Sessions
- January 12 or 13: Regional Sessions
- January 26 & 27: Centralized Sessions (Location TBC)
- February 2: Games - (U18 Boys) - Kingston- RMC
- February 3: Games - (U18 Girls) - Kingston- RMC
- February 4: Nationals Roster Announced
- February 9 or 10: Regional Sessions
- February 16-18: Tournament/Training Camp in Kingston
- March 2 or 3: Team Sessions before Nationals
- March 23: Games - (U16 Boys) in Kingston- RMC
- March 24: (U16/18 Girls) in Kingston- RMC
- April 6 or 7: Team Session before Florida
2019 Coaching Staff
Players Leadership Team: TBD
Lead Coach- Ian Fitzgerald
West - Darrell Devine
Central - Jeremy Cairnie
East - Ken Fitzgerald / Sonny Raina (East Lead)
Lead Coach/ West - Nigel D'Acre
Central - Paul Myers
East - TK Rewi/ Sonny Raina (East Lead)
ABOUT THE ONTARIO BLUES
The Ontario Blues program is the high performance representative program for male and female rugby players in Ontario. Rugby Ontario is represented at the provincial level by the Ontario Blues. The program includes representative teams from Under-15 to Senior in both Women’s and Men’s Fifteens and Under-18 Men's and Women's Sevens. Specifically, the program is designed to develop and showcase rugby players for Canadian representative national teams.
ABOUT RUGBY ONTARIO
Rugby Ontario is the provincial sports governing body responsible for the organization of rugby in Ontario. Our mission is to establish a stronger identity for rugby in Ontario by promoting the sport’s core values and by fostering a culture of inclusiveness and excellence on and off the field of play.
To learn more, visit http://www.rugbyontario.com/
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Program Lead: Khalil Ajram- email@example.com
Rugby Ontario High Performance Staff
Sean Medeiros - firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Connelly - email@example.com