Senior Men's Program Structure & Schedule
(WHITBY,ON)- The Rugby Ontario High Performance Program is pleased to announce the new structure and schedule for the Ontario Senior Men’s Developmental Program.
- To provide an elite development opportunity for Rugby Ontario Men that bridges the gap between the U19 Blues and the Toronto Arrows/Canadian National Senior Men’s Program.
- To represent Rugby Ontario at the Eastern Canadian Sr. Men’s Rugby Championships (Halifax).
Who is Eligible?
- This is a developmental team that will be focusing on players who have the potential to play rugby at the next level. (Toronto Arrows/Canadian National Senior Men’s Team) All players will be participating in the Rugby Ontario Senior Leagues and be in good standing. The focus will be U-25 (with exceptions).
- Elite Ontario University and College Players would be encouraged to participate.
*2019 Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: Phil Murphy
Assistant Coaches: Les Gilson and Ian McLeod
Manager: John Watkins
*Management Team is on a One-year appointment as future structure is determined. These positions will be posted in the future once template has been established.
- Player ID Sessions: $50 (3 sessions)
- 24 Man Squad-$400
- Player Kit (Shorts, Socks and T-Shirt)
- Practice and Exhibition Game in Ontario
- 2 Games vs. EORU and Quebec
- Flight, Transportation, Accommodation and Meals while in Halifax
If you are interested in putting your hand up for a place on the 2019 squad, please complete the attached link before Friday March 29th.
- Player Identification Sessions
- Sunday April 7th: Talent ID Session: Oshawa Civic Field #5 10:00 am to 1 pm
- Sunday April 14th York University 9am to 12:00 noon (prior to Arrows Game)
- Sunday April 28th York University 9am to 12:00 noon (prior to Arrows Game)
- Tuesday April 30th: Long List Squad Selected
- Sunday May 5th: Practice / Scrimmage
- Tuesday May 7th: Traveling Squads Announced
- Sunday May 12th: Practice
- Monday May 20th Game #1: Blues vs. Eastern Ontario Rugby Union (Kingston)
- Sunday June 2nd: Practice
- Sunday June 9th Game #2: Blues vs. Quebec (Kingston)
- Sunday June 23rd: Practice
- Eastern Canadian Super League Championship
- Thursday June 27th: Early AM Departure for Halifax Toronto Island Airport
- Friday June 28th: ECSLC Game #1
- Saturday June 29th: Recovery Day and Light Practice
- Sunday June 30th: ECSLC Game #2 and Departure to Toronto
- Squad will have additional training sessions based on potential exhibition games vs. touring sides July – September.
- Confirmed: University Dublin College (Irish Div. 1) Wednesday August 7th Toronto Area / Sunday August 11th Kingston (As part of the Eastern Canadian U16/U18 Rugby Championships
ABOUT THE ONTARIO BLUES
The Ontario Blues program is the high performance representative program for male and female rugby players in Ontario. Rugby Ontario is represented at the provincial level by the Ontario Blues. The program includes representative teams from Under-15 to Senior in both Women’s and Men’s Fifteens and Under-18 Men's and Women's Sevens. Specifically, the program is designed to develop and showcase rugby players for Canadian representative national teams.
ABOUT RUGBY ONTARIO
Rugby Ontario is the provincial sports governing body responsible for the organization of rugby in Ontario. Our mission is to establish a stronger identity for rugby in Ontario by promoting the sport’s core values and by fostering a culture of inclusiveness and excellence on and off the field of play.
To learn more, visit http://www.rugbyontario.com/
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Communications and Marketing Coordinator - Rugby Ontario
647-560-4790 x 1006
Rugby Ontario High Performance Staff
High Performance Coordinator
647-560-4790 x 1004
High Performance Manager
647-560-4790 x 1002