Rugby Ontario Launches 2019-2020 HP Academy
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 17th, 2019
*The following is message from Rugby Ontario High Performance Manager Paul Connelly
(WHITBY, ON) - Rugby Ontario is excited to announce the launch of our 2019/20 High Performance Academy, otherwise known as “The Program”. With planning for the Ontario Jr Blues 2020 competition season well underway for both 7’s and 15’s The Program remains the foundation that our success will be built on.
The work that we do between now and next summer will not only have a direct impact on our performance in competition, but also help to develop the training habits necessary to help prepare our athletes for the next world cup cycle. We need the best training with the best.
We are looking to recruit athletes to join our already identified Rugby Ontario High Performance Teams in preparation for the 2020 Competitive “AAA” and “AA” season.
- Elite Training Groups
- Rugby Ontario Provincial athletes and selected applicants only
- The “best training with the best” lead by Rugby Ontario Provincial Coaches
- One Calendar Approach:
- Set Training Dates which have been communicated to our Regional 7’s and 15’s Academy Partners.
- “150” Monitored ETS APP Strength and Conditioning Sessions
- All training progressions monitored by our ETS partners as athletes record their progress in their Training APP. This will allow Rugby Ontario to monitor the progress of each athlete in their respective age grade programs.
- November and April Combine Testing by ETS and Rugby Canada
- All data recorded and documented for RO athletes as they progress through their Rugby Ontario Career.
- Results will be provided to each age grade coach during the selection process and shared with National team selectors
- Over 20 hours of Technical/Tactical Training with your specific Rugby Ontario age grade coaching staff.
For current provincial athletes, you can check your email for the direct link to register.
For athletes interested in applying for the academy you can follow the link HERE
A very simple question to ask:
“In all honesty, how many players that don’t put the hard work in over the next 8 months will have a chance to be selected for our elite programs? If you work hard, you will be rewarded!”
There is no better example than Japan when looking at the effect hard work and dedication has in generating success
Japan has proved to us that there are no secrets. Rugby World Cup Rankings: 2011
WE HAVE TO DO MORE
For more information on how The Program transitions into the 15s program, you can follow the links below. More information on the Ontario Jr. Blues 7s Program will be released in the near future.
Get ready for the Winter Rugby season by shopping at the Rugby Ontario Online Store! The store open until November 1st!
To shop now, CLICK HERE
ABOUT THE ONTARIO BLUES
The Ontario Blues program is the high performance representative program for male and female rugby players in Ontario. Rugby Ontario is represented at the provincial level by the Ontario Blues. The program includes representative teams from Under-15 to Senior in both Women’s and Men’s Fifteens and Under-18 Men's and Women's Sevens. Specifically, the program is designed to develop and showcase rugby players for Canadian representative national teams.
ABOUT RUGBY ONTARIO
Rugby Ontario is the provincial sports governing body responsible for the organization of rugby in Ontario. Our mission is to establish a stronger identity for rugby in Ontario by promoting the sport’s core values and by fostering a culture of inclusiveness and excellence on and off the field of play.
To learn more, visit http://www.rugbyontario.com/
Rugby Ontario High Performance Staff
High Performance Coordinator
647-560-4790 x 1004
High Performance Manager
647-560-4790 x 1002
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Communications and Marketing Coordinator - Rugby Ontario
647-560-4790 x 1006