Rugby Ontario Athlete Development Programming Session
November 22nd, 2021
(WHITBY, ON) - Rugby Ontario, in partnership with Queen’s University and the National University Men’s and Women’s Rugby Championships, are pleased to present a Player & Coach Virtual Session:
“Rugby Ontario Elite Athlete Development Programming
and the Pathway to Excellence.”
CLUB TO PROVINCE TO SCHOOL TO COUNTRY
Date: Saturday November 27th, 2021
Time: 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
This virtual session will examine the pathway from Club and High School to Provincial High- Performance Academy Programming as athletes strive to develop into elite University players.
Content will include:
• Presentation of the Rugby Ontario Development Pathway (3:30 pm)
• Review of Rugby Ontario Academy Programming (3:45 pm)
- Winter Grass-Roots Academy
- Ontario Blues Junior Arrows Academy (Boys)
- Ontario Blues - Rugby Canada Development Academy (Girls)
• Presentation of Coach/Player Development Resources
• LIVE FEED: OBJAA & OB-RCDA Academy Training Session (4:00 pm)
What does it take to play for one of the top university rugby programs in Canada and compete for a National Championship?
Join us at 4:45 pm as we host a virtual Q & A with some of the top university coaches and players in the country.
Ontario University Programs represented include:
Queen’s University (Men and Women)
Royal Military College (Men)
University of Guelph (Men and Women)
University of Ottawa (Women)
ABOUT RUGBY ONTARIO
Rugby Ontario is the provincial sports governing body responsible for the organization of rugby in Ontario. Our mission is to establish a stronger identity for rugby in Ontario by promoting the sport’s core values and by fostering a culture of inclusiveness and excellence on and off the field of play.
To learn more, visit https://www.rugbyontario.com/