Call for Nominations for Rugby Ontario Board of Directors
ELECTION OF THE RUGBY ONTARIO’S BOARD OF DIRECTORS AT THE 2018 AGM
I write on behalf of the Rugby Ontario Nominating Committee to seek nominations for the Rugby Ontario Board of Directors. Four (4) positions are up for election at the 2018 AGM, which will be held on Sunday 29th April 2018. These positions will be for two (2) year terms.
Please note those Board Directors whose terms are concluding may seek re-election.
As per Part 3.5 of the Rugby Ontario Governance Manual, in identifying suitably qualified individuals for election to the Board, the Nominating Committee must ensure that candidates meet the eligibility criteria specified in paragraph 4.3 of the By-Laws. By-Law 4.3 states: “to be eligible for election as a Director, an individual must:
- a) Be eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- b) Be a resident of Canada as defined in the Income Tax Act;
- c) Be willing to comply with the Rugby Ontario Director’s Code of Conduct
- d) Have the power under law to contract;
- e) Have not been declared incapable under the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992 or under the Mental Health Act” of managing property
- f) Not have the status of bankruptcy;
- e) Consent to submitting a Vulnerable Sector Screening check; and
- g) Consent to provide, receive and retain information and records in electronic form”
In addition, Part 3.5 of the RO Governance Manual states “the Committee should verify that candidates possess one or more of the following attributes and skills”:
- Accounting, human resource management or legal designation.
- Significant experience in communications, finance, fundraising, marketing, media or public relations.
- Significant experience in government relations, planning, policy development or risk management.
- Significant experience in sport administration at multiple levels.
The above qualifications should assist the Committee in identifying interested individuals with diverse skills and experiences that, collectively, add value to the Board and, by extension, the rugby organizations that it represents.
As per By-Law 4.6 written nominations may be submitted at any time up to seven (7) days (i.e. Sunday 22nd April 2018) prior to the Annual Meeting. Candidates must submit their nomination on the “Nomination Form for the 2018 Board of Directors” to the attention of David Patterson at email@example.com. Nominees may also submit a one page nominee biography attached to their nomination form.
All written nominations received no later than Friday 30th March 2018 will have their name, email address, qualifications/reason for standing and nominee biography published in the 2018 Rugby Ontario AGM Booklet.
Thank you for your consideration,
Nominating Committee Chair
26th January 2018
ABOUT RUGBY ONTARIO
Rugby Ontario is the provincial sports governing body responsible for the organization of rugby in Ontario. Our mission is to establish a stronger identity for rugby in Ontario by promoting the sport’s core values and by fostering a culture of inclusiveness and excellence on and off the field of play.
To learn more, visit http://www.rugbyontario.com/
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Communications Coordinator - Rugby Ontario